Terms and Conditions Updated 14/9/2023
Terms and Conditions PSRA No 004155
South Dublin Auction = SDA
SDA act in all respects, is an agent for sellers of each lot only. Please note the following changes that come in to effect for the sale on the 29th of October 2021, due to the quickly increasing costs in power, wages, transport and building costs we are increasing our minimum rate of commission per lot to €5 per lot, for all lots including unsold lots as they take the same amount of time to handle and catalogue, we are also imposing storage charges on good left on the premises for more than 1 month, due to space limitation and the additional costs to the business our basic commission rates will stay the same.
1. SDA act in all respects, as an agent for sellers of each lot only.
2. The highest bidder acceptable to the auctioneer shall be the Buyer, but if, during the sale of a lot, The auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen for any reason the auctioneer has the option to cancel the sale or re-offer the item for sale. In all disputes the auctioneers decision is final.
3. If after the sale the auctioneer finds he has missed a reserve on an item, he will have the option to cancel the sale or offer the item at the reserve price.
4. SDA Reserves the right to refuse admission to the auction or refuse bids.
5. The auctioneer can refuse bids and advance the bidding as they see fit.
6. The seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot over €50 with the auctioneers agreement and the auctioneer will bid on the buyers behalf up to the reserve amount. If the item is not sold at the reserve on the first week the reserve will be halved on the second week and waived completely if we offer it for sale in the third week. So if you want to not have your reserve reduced please remove your item on the Friday or Saturday after the sale.
7. SDA will have the right to withdraw, divide or combine any lot as they see fit.
8. The buyers and sellers premium on general sales items is 20% of the hammer price.
9. VAT will be added to your invoice at a rate of 23% on the fees only.
10. A minimum fee of €5 +VAT will apply to each lot for vendors and buyers or 20% which-ever is higher. This is to cover the cost of cataloguing each item. This also pertains to unsold lots.
11. The auction reserves the rights to seek bidding deposits from customers in certain situations at the auctioneers discretion.
12. SDA does its very best to be honest, truthful and transparent when describing goods verbally and in the catalogue. In person viewing of lots is available on Friday morning from 10am until 12.30 or by prior arrangement and is advised. Although all statements are an opinion and are not statements of facts, nor should be relied upon as such. Neither the vendor or SDA accepts any responsibility for any statements as to the authorship, origin, date, age, attribution, material, genuineness or provenance of any lots or errors in the description. A mistake in the catalogue is not a reason for a refund.
13. All goods are sold as seen with no warranty, return or exchange and we strongly encourage buyers to seek condition reports and make there own determination on condition prior to bidding. No Refunds or Exchanges on any goods.
14. No lots can be removed from the auction during the sale and all lots must be paid in full prior to removal following the auction. All invoices must be settled in full and no later than the Monday at 12.30pm after the Thursday live sale or if it is a timed auction finishing on a Sunday payment must be made by 12.30 on the Wednesday following the end of the auction. No credit is offered to any client. If you fail discharge an invoice as per our terms and conditions the account will be banned from bidding with us and repercussions will follow in respect of an automatic right to register to bid on the Easylive platform.
15. If a reserve is left on an item for sale and the item does not sell the auctioneer will have the option to re-enter the item in the following sale at no or a lower reserve or remove the item to be held for collection.
16. Any goods unsold at auction or not selected for auction must be removed from the premises within 7 days of the auction ending. The duty to remove said items rests solely with the Vendor. Any items left on the premises after 7 days will be sold and the proceeds given to charity or will be disposed of or recycled, with no recourse from the owner.
17. SDA accepts payments in cash, bank transfer and card only. Cash payments over €500 are subject to Anti Money Laundering Legislation.
18. All invoices from the timed auction finishing on Sunday must be discharged by 12.30 on the following Wednesday. Unpaid invoices will be cancelled and your automatic right to register to bid on any auction on the Easylive auction platform will be suspended.
19. On bids left on the book SDA may require a card to be left on file to secure the bid. We do not allow telephone bids at this time.
20. Any items left to be cleaned or repaired by Mint Condition is a contract between mint condition and the client and is not the responsibility of SDA. SDA will not be responsible for any disputes with Mint Condition. Mint condition is a contract between Mint Condition and the client.
21. Requests/Quotes for shipping outside of Ireland should be made in advance of bidding. We will not ship certain items and you would need to make your own arrangements
22. SDA do not accept any responsibility for the condition of goods damaged during shipping. While we endeavour to wrap items as best we can they are passed to third parties over which we have no control so any shipping damage is at the cost to the buyer with no recourse through SDA. We do not ship glass or other breakable items.
22. Storage of Items: If, after 3 months have elapsed or when the storage fees surpass the original hammer price on a lot, SDA will have the right to: re-enter the Lot into auction and the proceeds of such re-sale will be applied in the following order: in settlement of any outstanding storage fees, removal fees, and insurance expenses due; and then any sums due under the original contract following the first auctions (together with any VAT chargeable). The balance of the re-sale price, if any, shall be paid to the original Buyer
23. SDA Will charge storage fees daily on paid goods left on our premises for more that 12 days. The storage rates are posted on our Website page storage and charges.